Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Mother's Love

A mother’s love is a special gift sent from God. It is a twenty four hour,seven days a week job of deep devotion to one’s children made up of sacrifice and pain but full of endless and unselfish love. I am everything I am because of my mother’s love and devotion to me for the past 23 years. She was my biggest supporter of all my undertakings. She went to all my dance recitals, sports games and concerts. She was my motivator throughout my education and raised me in the Catholic faith. My mother was totally devoted to my well-being and happiness. She helped me live my life to the fullest and gave me whatever I needed to succeed. My mother was a wonderful person. She was beautiful inside and out. She was a caring, courageous, humorous, loving mother, nurse and friend. I am a proud legacy of my mother. I am honored and so grateful that I had my mother’s love and I will continue to hold on to the love she has given me from now on until eternity.

Vocabulary
devotion- a profound dedication to a cause or person
sacrifice- to surrender or offer something up
unselfish- a generous person who doesn’t just think of themselves
motivator- a person who encourages you and helps you to move in the right direction
courageous- a person who is brave or fearless
humorous- a comical or funny person

Vocabulary Exercise
Directions: Put the correct vocabulary word in bold into the best sentence.

1.Maria has a great__________to her baby sister because she changes her diaper every day.
2. Micheal will__________ watching TV for playing baseball outside with his friends.
3. Gina was so ___________that she gave her last cookie to her best friend.
4. My coach is my __________ while I am playing soccer.
5. Joe was ____________ when he jumped high off the swing.
6. Comedy central shows are always so _______________.

Grammar Point/ Exercise

What are adjectives? Adjectives are words that describe nouns because they provide information about the qualities of something described in a noun. Answer the following questions in complete sentences.

1. How would you describe your mother or mother like figure using five adjectives?
2. What are some adjectives that describe you?
3. Can you think of some adjectives that describe the word love?

5 comments:

  1. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. ~ Leo Buscaglia
    This quote got me thinking of my mom since I learned to truly appreciate all she is to me and who she empowered me to become.

    Lovely to see your strength throughout this difficult time and your willingness to share how you feel in your work...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ingrid <3 and thank you for the quote. I am sure you will be a wonderful mother too:)

      Delete
  2. That was such a touching post to read about your mother. I'm sure its not easy to lose the one you love. Telling stories will help keep her memory alive. I'm sure your mother is very proud of you and is now your Guardian Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautifully expressed! Thank you so much for writing it. And now you will go on to inspire the children in your classes and your children someday with your mother as a model.

    ReplyDelete